Bowerham Lawn Tennis Club
BOWERHAM LAWN TENNIS CLUB NEWS
BOWERHAM GO TOP OF THE MIXED LEAGUE
SHEILA Clement has led her mixed team to the top of the Lancaster, Morecambe And District league with a run of impressive results this season. Lancaster are close behind though and need to win their games in hand to retake top spot, but any kind of slip-up from them could see the league trophy on its way to Bowerham Lawn Tennis Club.
Whatever the outcome, a big congratulations to Sheila and all the players for their impressive season.
Club nights are held every Monday and Friday from 6pm.
WINTER SINGLES TENNIS LEAGUE
Fiona Duffy 0-2 Mark Braithwaite (0-6, 1-6)
David Novell 2-0 Chris White (6-1, 6-0)
Mark Braithwaite 2-1 Ian Hourd (3-6, 7-6 (7-3), 6-2
1) Mark Braithwaite P4 W4 L0 Set Diff: 8-1 Game Diff: 52-24
2) Mike Smith P2 W2 L0 Set Diff: 4-0 Game Diff: 24-4
3) David Novell P2 W2 L0 Set Diff: 4-0 Game Diff: 25-11
4) Ian Hourd P4 W2 L2 Set Diff: 4-4 Game Diff: 52-49
5) Chris White P4 W2 L2 Set Diff: 4-4 Game Diff: 30-29
6) Jonathan White P2 W1 L1 Set Diff: 2-2 Game Diff: 21-27
7) Fiona Duffy P5 W1 L4 Set Diff: 2-8 Game Diff: 20-51
8) Sharon Crane P1 W0 L1 Set Diff: 0-2 Game Diff: 1-12
9) Iain Bertram P2 W0 L2 Set Diff: 0-4 Game Diff: 6-24
BRITISH TENNIS MEMBERSHIP
Don't forget to check out the LTA's British Tennis Membership. Click here for further information: https://www.lta.org.uk/Members/Join/
BOWERHAM ACHIEVE CLUBMARK STATUS
Clubmark is the national cross sports quality accreditation scheme for clubs. It is built around a set of core criteria which ensure that accredited clubs operate to a set of consistent, accepted and adopted minimum operating standards. This ensures the club has:
- Adhered to best practice policies and procedures around safeguarding junior and adult members.
- Delivers a comprehensive and all encompassing tennis programme for all ages and abilities.
- Produces a clear plan of action for long term sustainability and future growth.Â
- A fair and transparent operational structure.
Bowerham Achieved Club Mark status in September 2011.
Are you interested in joining the club?
If you'd like to see what Bowerham Lawn Tennis Club has to offer then why not come along to one of our Club Nights? They run every Monday and Friday 6-10pm).
This year we have a special offer for a one month trial to new members. For £35, you get a full months membership which includes a 1 hour coaching session with James McNally, the opportunity to participate in Monday/Friday Club Nights and free use of the courts during the week. Take out a full membership after this trial and you get £20 deducted from your membership fee. If you'd like to take advantage of the one month trial offer please contact Kate Houghton 01524 770493 or Michelle Noden 01524 411460.
Please click here to download our membership form.
Bowerham Lawn Tennis Club is a friendly tennis club situated in a quiet setting just behind Barton Road in Lancaster.
We cater for all abilities and new members are always welcome. Our four courts are maintained to a high standard and are served by brand new floodlights.
In addition to regular Club Nights, held on Mondays and Fridays from 6pm, coaching is available to cater for all standards of player. We operate a court booking system which allows use of the courts during the week.
Throughout the year, we are involved in a number of local tennis leagues, as well as running our own box leagues and fun tournaments. Check out the News pages for information about upcoming events.